When Sales Leaders talk to us about sales planning challenges, we typically hear that it’s complicated and time consuming.
It’s our point of view that sales managers and salespeople need a practical process to create an individual sales plan. We want to share five keys with you:
- Capture your plan on 1 page. This format helps you focus on your professional vision, key goals, and tactics for the year.
- Your individual plan must align UP. Your goals must link directly to the overall sales strategy.
- Make it 80% professional + 20% personal. Sales Managers will understand their salespeople better and have a more complete picture of what motivates them at work and beyond.
- Do it as a team. Have a half-day workshop where you’re working through the individual plans as a team, so that your salespeople can share ideas and learn from each other.
- Weave individual sales plans into your one-on-ones. While this may seem simple, it’s a step many Sales Managers admit they fail to execute.
Watch Tim Magwood, Founder, Fusion Learning, discuss the 5 keys to developing individual sales plans: